6 ounces Ground Beef
6 ounces Ground Veal
6 ounces Pork Italian Sausage, cut into small bite-sized pieces
1 ½ tsp Canola Oil
2.5oz Bacon or Pancetta, diced small
3 Garlic Cloves, peeled and sliced
½ Large Spanish Onion, peeled and diced small
1 Celery Stalk, diced small
1 Large Carrot, peeled and diced small
1/3 cup Red Cooking Wine
16oz Carbone Marinara Sauce
½ Bay Leaf
3 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
1 Cup Whole Milk
Kosher Salt, To Taste
Grated Parmesan Reggiano, To Taste
1. In a large pot over medium-high heat, add the ground beef, ground veal, and sausage. Once cooked and browned, set aside the meats and strain the fat. Discard the fat, while conserving strained oils.
2. In the same pot, add and heat the canola oil over medium heat. Add the strained oils and, add and sweat the garlic.
3. Add the onion, carrot, and celery to the pot. Cover with a lid, and cook until the vegetables are soft.
4. Add the red wine and reduce until nearly dry.
5. Add the cooked meats, Carbone Marinara Sauce, and picked herbs. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes.
6. Remove the pot from the heat and add the milk. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
7. Remove and discard the bay leaf.
8. Lightly blend using a hand blender, or pulse in a blender.
9. Serve over cooked pasta, finished with freshly grated parmesan