1. Cook the pasta in salted boiling water according to the package cooking directions or until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a sauté pan and pan-fry the sliced Japanese eggplant on both sides until golden. Place the fried eggplant slices on a tray lined with paper towels to remove any excess grease. Season with
kosher salt while still hot. Set aside.
3. In a separate sauté pan over medium heat, gently heat 3tbsp of olive oil. Crush the garlic cloves and cook in the oil until just lightly golden.
Remove the garlic.
4. Add half of the fried eggplant and Carbone Arrabbiata Sauce. Crush the eggplant and allow it to cook in the sauce while slightly reducing it.
5. Remove the sauté pan from the heat and add half of the torn basil.
6. When ready to add the pasta, bring the sauce to a boil.
7. Add the cooked, drained pasta to the sauté pan tossing everything to coat the pasta. Remove from the heat.
8. Add the remaining basil and fried eggplant with the heat turned off.
9. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt.
10. Finish by covering with freshly grated ricotta salata.