- Black or striped bass filets, skin removed, cut into 3oz pieces
- 36oz1 bunch Basil, picked (3 sprigs mint, picked)
- 30g (2 Tbsp) Chives, minced
- Blood Orange, segmented 1 each
- Braise (recipe below)
- Fish Seasoning (recipe below)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil to finish
- Salt to taste
Let’s get cooking:
- In 75g of olive oil, sweat the garlic first, until translucent. Then add the peppers, chili and salt and stew until tender but not overly cooked. The pepper skins should not detach from the flesh.
- Add the tomato paste and toast lightly.
- Transfer into a bowl over ice and fold in the parsley, followed by the red wine vinegar tomato sauce, water, juices, and remaining olive oil.
- Transfer to a casserole large enough to hold the fish in a single layer and warm the braise over medium heat until it comes to a low simmer.
- Season the fish with salt and the seasoning blend. Nestle into the braise along with the orange segments and place into a 350F oven and bake until the fish is cooked through. Garnish with the herbs and finish with Extra Virgin olive oil.